Saturday, August 24, 2019

A Dog in the House by Dr. Kisholoy Roy (Book Review: 4.25*/5) !!!




I have always been vocal about my unlove (not using the word “Hate”) for Short stories and anthology hence every time I get an opportunity to pick it up, I always pray that it turns out well so that my doubt and hesitation towards them get reduced gradually with time. And I must say the latest book that I read on this Saturday morning has served its purpose well by being such a beautiful and simple short story- named “A Dog in the House” by Dr. Kisholoy Roy. The book is of around 35 pages and independently published with an animated cover page.

Seeing the cover page of the book, you might assume that the story shall be more preferred by children but after reading it, I can tell you that this book shall appeal to everyone belonging to any age-group. The way author has described the characterization of each of the characters in the family in such a short book is so apt that you wished this should have been a full-fledge novel. Even the backdrop of all the characters, their current situation and the turmoil in the family is beautifully covered and made a very interesting plot for this book.

The book starts with author’s words where he talked about pets hence we get an idea that the book is about pet but the great part is that the pet is not mentioned itself in the first 75% of the story. And the importance given to the pet in the last 25% section of the book and how its presence in the home changes the life of the family members is very nicely inserted in the plot.

Overall, this book has very good vibes. I completed it in just an hour and I must say the after-thought that it left with me has almost been equivalent to what I feel after reading a good full-fledged novel of 250-350 pages. I give this book 4.25* out of 5 for the treatment given to characters, story and the way social message is given about keeping pets and respecting animals. Kudos to the author.


Thanks.

WRITING BUDDHA 




0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Book Reviewer | Movie Reviewer | Bibliophile | Business Analyst