Friday, August 8, 2014

Meditation by Eknath Easwaran (Book Review-3.5*/5)!!!





            It's long since I was searching for a book that could teach me how to start with meditation and what benefits will I experience after indulging myself in meditation. Every time I searched for a book, I always felt that Eknath Easwaran's Meditation published by Jaico is a better choice. And as I am done reading now, I can say that my intuition and choice has been wonderful. It has been amazing getting to know Meditation and it's advantages in the easy words of Eknath Easwaran. Book also comes with a tag line "Bringing the deep wisdom of the heart into your daily life". The 218-pages book is a wonderful experience. While reading itself, I was feeling as if I am in meditation. That's how the book has been written.

           I liked the way author has tried to make things easy for readers. He hasn't used words that are new for us. He has used simple words that we are familiar with to make us understand how powerful meditation is and how it can transform our whole personality. He has also not over-hyped meditation to make it look obvious and boring but he talks about it as casually as we discuss it. How to chose mantram and how to continue with it whenever we get free time is wonderfully explained. Similarly, which passage to chose for meditation and how to read it is also an amazing explanation by Eknath Easwaran. Similarly, he discusses everything- reading habits, eating habits, living habits etc.

            He has talked about meditation as spirituality and not as passion. Authors generally talk about meditation as if its the only thing left for us to do in life rather than earning, living and celebrating. Author has not tried to influence us in any manner. He assures that we find it interesting whenever we read any chapter and don't find it scary as if someone is saying no-meditation-no-survival or we are asked to meditate on gunpoint. This liberty that's been given to us as a reader is what makes this book one of the recommended if you want to know about meditation.


 Thanks.

 ABHILASH RUHELA - VEERU!!!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Book Reviewer | Movie Reviewer | Bibliophile | Business Analyst