Saturday, August 31, 2013

Interview with author- Prateek Shukla!!!

An interview with Prateek Shukla, author of "The Unrevealed Secrets of hacking and Cracking":-


1. Hello Prateek sir, what is your feeling after being an author now? What’s your perspective about life now after achieving a rare flagship in your life?

Ans:- It feels great  after being tagged with the title of “Author”.  Its like a dream come true and I feel privileged because not everyone gets this title.
 After being  an I author, I realized as to what this word “Author”   particularly means, how special it is for a person to become a writer. And from my perspective, I see life as the toughest game one has to play which needs constant efforts, dedication and zeal to achieve something and if an individual has these things or I should say qualities, he can achieve anything he wants.

2. When you saw your first book- “The Unrevealed Secrets of Hacking and Cracking" for sale on E-commerce websites and placed at a bookstore for the first time, what kind of thoughts dominated your mind?

Ans:- I was indeed very happy and was overwhelmed to see my book for sale on E-Commerce website. But at the same time one thing was constantly hitting my mind;whether my book will compete with  the existing books on the same topic. As a first time author, I was always afraid of my writing being dominated by writings of other foreign authors.


3. Before we head towards discussing your book, we would like to know in spite of being an author, what do you exactly do? And do you wish to be in the job some day or come into full-time writing?

Ans: -Well, I’m a typical Indian (Laughs) who is crazy about Cricket; Playing cricket is what fascinates me the most. I was an active member of my school, district  and now College Cricket team, so I just can’t keep myself away from this game. I always wanted to be a cricketer and was passionate about it but the black face behind cricket forced me to change my path. I happened to be one of the finest players of my district team but politics behind this game made me realise that money and source can lead the person to the top in this country and talent is what hardly counts. So, I switched from cricket to computers and found it very interesting and that indeed built a passion to achieve what I deserved. 
I still wish to become a cricketer but unfortunately this isn’t possible; so will continue with writing and will take it as a career option.


4. What is your book all about? And from where did this idea occur to you? 

Ans:- The book serves as a beginners guide to Ethical hacking. I wrote this book keeping a beginner in my mind.  India is not so advanced in this field, so I thought that it would be better to bring in fresh talents who are aspiring for knowledge rather than providing advanced knowledge to those who have already entered this field and are researching. 
I got this idea when I started by blog on Ethical hacking named “Hacking With Prateek”. After getting  good response from the website ,I thought to share the same knowledge in the form of a book.


5. How much long did it take to write this book from the moment you started developing the topics to start writing it till completing it finally with editing and all?

Ans:- It took around 7 months for me to complete the writing work and about 3 months  in getting the confirmation from the Publisher and after that a long span of 6 months in editing and giving my script the shape of a book.

6. Indian Publishing is too hard to deal with, was it easy for you to get a Publisher or did u wait for a long time to get your work published?

Ans:- The journey of getting my book published was very interesting and I got to learn many things too. To be very honest, I didn’t face any kind of difficulty because of my idol cum Co-Author Navneet Sir who was always there for me whenever I needed him. He just played the role of an elder brother. I just can’t believe that a person like him also exists on this planet. If I am something, it’s just because of him.

7. By when are you coming up with your next book? And if possible, do give us an idea about what it would be.

Ans:- Well, its very difficult for me to say as to when I’ll be back with a new book. :p But I’m working on a new book which is again on Ethical hacking and hope to get it published by the end of this year or by January 2014

 Thanks.

 ABHILASH RUHELA - VEERU!!!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Book Reviewer | Movie Reviewer | Bibliophile | Business Analyst