Saturday, August 31, 2013

An Interview with Authoress- Dr. Sasiprabha!!!

An Interview with Dr. Sasiprabha, authoress of "My Moonlit Pilgrimage"!!!


1. Hello Sasiprabha mam, what is your feeling after being an author now? What’s your perspective about life now after achieving a rare flagship in your life?
   Surprised! I had planned everything in life but being an author was never there even in wild dreams! Now I love the uncertainties of life more than planning. Of course, it has connected me to a wider world. I am more passionate about life now.

2. When you saw your first novel- “My Moonlit Pilgrimage" for sale on E-commerce websites and placed at a bookstore for the first time, what kind of thoughts dominated your mind?
   It is an inexplicable feeling! I couldn’t think of anything else, but a sense of an unutterable fulfillment was there. I remember, I just smiled looking at my book on flipkart for the first time!

3. Before we head towards discussing your book, we would like to know in spite of being an author, what do you exactly do? And do you wish to continue with the job or come into full-time writing?
   I am a doctor by profession now. I did my graduation in a government college. We know that a doctor passed out from a govt. college merit seat means government has spent for the major part of the expenses for making them a doc! That money is of people. I have such a social commitment. Even if I become one of the busiest authors in the country someday, I would love to find out at least 1 hour for my profession for this reason.


4. What is your book all about? And from where did this idea occur to you? 
   The book is about a young woman's journey through some moments of her life. She is going down her memory lane to find out the true meaning of her love. Her unveiled memories are talking to the man to whom she thinks she has lost herself. The book took its form my experiences and observations around.

5. How much long did it take to write this book from the moment you started developing the story to start writing it till completing it finally with editing and all?
   It took around 6 months to complete it. In fact I was passionately writing whole night leaving sleep, I remember!

6. Indian Publishing is too hard to deal with, was it easy for you to get a Publisher or did u wait for a long time to get your work published?
   Actually it was not so difficult for me. I wished to publish it before I leave my college. So I contacted the publishers directly. Once I sent the manuscript, they went through it without any delay and in no time informed me that it was approved. It was a smooth process altogether.

7. What are the Promotional strategies that you and your publisher have applied to promote/market your book?
   Publishers themselves had done the press release. I myself have chosen online promotional programs.

8. What exactly is your target from your Books- 1. Getting most copies sold out, 2. Getting the love of readers or 3. You just wrote it because you wanted to write a book once in your life, hence you have no targets?
   I only wish to be read and be loved for my words! 

9. By when are you coming up with your next novel? And if possible, do give us an idea about what it would be.
    My next novel may take a year to be completed. It is related to some incidents of Medieval history and so I need some research works to complete it. In between I am planning a poetry collection too.

10. In the end, tell us in 5-7 lines, what speech will you give if you win a Major Award for the Best Indian Author for your books?
   A very interesting question! These lines come to my mind: 'Such is a prestige of this award and of this place I stand! In my heart I may doubt if I deserve it but there is no question of my pleasure in having it. Literature is as old as speech. But a true writer should always try for something that was never done or that others have done or failed. And this is the greatest inspiration for me in trying for such uniqueness always. Thank you!’

 Thanks.

 ABHILASH RUHELA - VEERU!!!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Book Reviewer | Movie Reviewer | Bibliophile | Business Analyst