Friday, June 29, 2012

Interview with the author- Ishaan Lalit!!!


Interview with the author- Ishaan Lalit who has penned "The Bracelet" and the upcoming one-"Hexagon".

1. When your first book- The Bracelet came out, what was the reaction of people around you- Parents, children, friends, neighbours, relatives etc? 

  My mom was astonished that I could sit down and write a whole book. My wife was very supportive. She and my brother knew how hard I was working on The Bracelet. My friends still look at me in disbelief when I talk to them about my books. My neighbors, well they don’t know I exist.

     2. What exactly your latest book- Hexagon is all about? Because the title of the book is itself a strange word for many of us?


        Ha ha… Hexagon is not a strange word. It is just a six sided polygon. Hexagon is titled after an ancient six sided device in my book which can transport you to six dimensions. All having their own form of Earth but there is a war brewing on the other side or sides and my main protagonist is stuck in the war.

   3. How much long did it take to write this book from the moment you started developing the story to start writing it till completing it finally with editing and all?


       A book like Hexagon is very very exhausting and a lot of fun to write at the same time.  It took me two months to develop the concept and another six to write it.

    4. when do you write as you are not a Full Time Writer and its not easy to find time after coming back at home in evening?


      Actually I have left everything and turned to writing full time. I see a lot of potential in the market and I believe there is room for an author like me, who doesn’t want to conform.

    5. What exactly do you want to spread in society as a Writer?


      Just one word. Imagine! The word is very boring without imagination.

    6. As Indian authors are accused for degrading the quality of English and not giving a chance for readers to learn something new, can we expect some Good vocabulary, idioms, phrases, one-word substitutions etc from you ?


     Well I sure do hope so, but that doesn’t mean that Hexagon will be hard for you to read. It just means that I try to achieve a balance between English and English.

    7. Indian Publishing is too hard to deal with, was it easy for you to get a Publisher or did u wait for a long time to get your work published (Regarding your first book)?


       Yes it is at times hard dealing with the publishers but that is just a small hitch in the Indian Literature scene. I believe soon everybody will be more professional because our industry is here to stay.

   8. What are the Promotional strategies that you and your publisher have applied to promote/market your book- Hexagon? 


        I have six trailers which our easily viewable on youtube and asked Kunal Marathe and his Authors Empire Literary Company to help me out with the promotion. They are very good at what they do. I don’t know what the publishers are doing.

   9. After seeing the success of Five Point Someone, that it was adapted as a Blockbuster movie later on, did you ever feel as if your books can also achieve this feat or are you working on building some contacts to get your books turned into visual format?


I.     I would love for one of my books to be turned into a movie. It would be great to reach an audience which doesn’t read and the shear recognition it gives your work is amazing.

  10. What exactly is your target from your Books- 1. Getting most copies sold out, 2. Getting the love of readers or 3. You just wrote it because you wanted to write a book once in your life, hence you have no targets?


     The last one made me chuckle. I think if the readers love you then you will get the most number of copies sold. So I will go with the number 2.

   11. In the end, tell us in 5-7 lines, what speech will you give if you win a Major Award for the Best Indian Author for your books?


     Oh my god! If I have asked to give a speech I would most probably choke but here it goes.
Thank You Ladies and Gentlemen. I hoped you enjoyed reading my book because it seems it did very well and that is why I am giving a speech in this dream land. And I think it is time to get up now.
Excuse me, where were we?

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Book Reviewer | Movie Reviewer | Bibliophile | Business Analyst