Monday, February 10, 2014

Interview with Debutante authoress- Anuradha Prasad!!!


I am very glad to share this interview of the debut authoress, Anuradha Prasad, who have recently come out with her book,"Two Winters and 365 Days". 


1.      What are your feelings after being an author ? What’s your perspective about life  after achieving a rare flagship like this in  life?
ANS---First and foremost let me thank you for this interview. Coming to your question I am experiencing  an amalgam of  feelings.Now  I  figured  I needed to enjoy the moment and nothing else. I actually had not expected anything at all.

2.      When you saw your first novel for sale on E-commerce websites and placed at a bookstore for the first time, what kind of thoughts dominated your mind?
ANS-As I said first I was overwhelmed,wanted to double check, I pinched myself several times but finally I am set. I am enjoying the moment.

3.      Before we head discussing your book, we would like to know in spite of being an author, what do you exactly do? And do you wish to continue with the job or come into full-time writing?
ANS- I write , I write , I write. I am a Feature Writer. Presently, I write on invitation. I blog regularly or when time permits.  I had worked  with a few publications as an editor and wrote  for Times West Side Plus Mumbai . West Side had carried a story on me, for their second anniversary issue a few years back. I teach journalism whenever I get an opportunity  and  give pep talks to youngsters   on intrinsic personality development . Apart from this I  keep a beautiful home and  love lazing around with  my family in front of the idiot box. I am a fitness freak . I experiment with diet and do Yoga every alternate day . Love and observe nature during my travels and long frequent walks in the neighbourhood. Yes, I am Planning to make writing books as my  future career option.

4-What is your latest book all about? And from where did this idea occur to you?
ANS-A lot of people have  misconceptions  that women cannot make it big in the fields like journalism and fast paced Media professions....So I took it up as my subject and wrote an inspirational story. Before starting to write this book I wanted to write on a realistic topic too .So  I worked on a story frame and a few characters that  appealed  to me  and the rest just happened. Of course some of the chapters reflect my own experiences in the field of Journalism.

5. How long did you take to write this book from the moment you started developing the story to start writing it till completing it finally with editing and all?
ANS-I took approximately- One Year and three months.

6. What are the Promotional strategies that you and your publisher have applied to promote/market your book?
ANS-I don't know since this is  my first book I am still in the process of learning. The publishers chased me for four to five months with a good proposal till I said yes. They had googled about me and they really , really wanted me to publish with them. As I said I am going through  mixed bag of emotions  right now . I will wait and watch  for sometime . Luckily for me  I am getting a tremendous positive response .  But to answer your question , what I honestly feel is if a book is good it promotes itself. It reaches where it has to on its own without you working on.I think Two Winters and 365 Days is already doing it .

7--What exactly is your target from your Books- 1. Getting most copies sold out, 2. Getting the love of readers or 3. You just wrote it because you wanted to write a book once in your life, hence you have no targets?
ANS- Right now my target would be to be recognized as a good Indian Author in the international markets. I also wanted to prove to the world that Indians can also write  beautiful  English  I want my book to reach a wide variety of audiences across the globe  and should be  a best seller.

8 -By when are you coming up with your next novel? And if possible, do give us an idea about what it would be.
ANS-I am still recovering from my experience of releasing my first book. Right now I cannot say but I am already working on an idea and  a plot. It should be ready early next year.

9- In the end, tell us in 5-7 lines, what speech will you give if you win a Major Award for the Best Indian Author for your books?
ANS- Oh God! What will be my speech as the best Indian author?Umm...Umm Let me think? Major Award in itself will make me speechless!

“Thank you God for giving me this  wonderful gift of writing...for making me the way I am...thank you  parents, thank you family...Thank you critics ....Last but not the least thank you people for reading my books and making them best sellers and a me a best selling author.”


0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Book Reviewer | Movie Reviewer | Bibliophile | Business Analyst